Workshop & Class Schedule
See info below for these 3 workshops:
Omega Institute & Watermark Arts Presents: Somatic Movement Immersion: Inhabiting The Body, Moving The World (co-taught with a faculty of 14 Continuum Teachers and other somatic explorers.) July 23-28, 2017
The Continuum of Yoga: The Body as Creative Process (co-taught with Bobbie Ellis) Oct 1-6, 2017
Transformative Self-Care: An Exploration of Movement, Mindfulness, and Osteopathy. January 21 – 26, 2018
Omega Institute & Watermark Arts Presents: Somatic Movement Immersion: Inhabiting The Body, Moving The World
(co-taught with a faculty of 14 Continuum Teachers and other somatic explorers.) July 23-28, 2017
For more information, click here: Omega 2017 information.
To register, click here to register.
Join me for an exploration during the magnificent fall colors in the Berkshire mountains, as I co-teach with Bobbie Ellis (see bio below):
The Continuum of Yoga: The Body as Creative Process
at Kripalu Center For Yoga & Health in Stockbridge, MA
October 1–6, 2017 (Sunday eve –Friday afternoon)
Discover new and unexpected possibilities when you combine the fluid movements of Continuum with the principles and practices of yoga. Designed for everyone interested in exploring innovative approaches to conscious embodiment, this program investigates the body as creative process.
Bonnie Gintis and Bobbie Ellis invite you to experience movement as what you are, not what you do. They guide your awareness of internal experience through breath, sound, meditation, and fluid movement. Using the lenses of science and spirituality to deepen your practice, come explore
- Integrating the flexibility of being human with the literal flexibility of your body
- Cultivating curiosity and inner resources for resilience
- Preventing yoga-related injuries by changing your tempo and listening within
- Pouring our bodies in and out of asana as a living fluid process instead of a goal
Bobbie Ellis is a Continuum and yoga teacher and owner of Soma Center, Resources for Embodied Living, located in Highland Park, New Jersey. For 32 years, Bobbie has been deeply committed to exploring the territory of inquiry using the wisdom of the body. Since 1998, she has been creating and offering Soma Yoga Teacher Trainings, using somatic-based approaches. From 1985 to 2016, Bobbie maintained a full bodywork practice. Most important to her teaching are the discoveries that have come from her own felt, fluid practices and the intelligence of her body. Contact Bobbie at www.somactr.com
COMING IN WINTER, 2018:
at Kripalu in Stockbridge, MA
Sunday, January 21 – Friday, Jan 26, 2018
The dark days of winter allows for time to slow down, turn inward, and cultivate deep listening, guiding you to care for yourself from a place of inner wisdom.
Osteopathic physician Bonnie Gintis has survived and thrived for 8 years with advanced stage breast cancer and rheumatoid arthritis by being curious, listening to her body, and opening to life’s mysteries.
In a program designed for everyone, Bonnie guides your experiential learning as you explore:
- Inner resources for resilience, adaptability, and change.
- Awareness of internal experience through breath, sound, guided and silent meditation, and fluid movement.
- Cultivating curiosity and becoming comfortable with uncertainty.
- Radically reimagining and transforming how you care for yourself.
- How to resolve the past and prepare for the future by attending to the nuance and necessity of the present moment.
- The internal sensation of rest, as opposed to the externally-stimulated craving for comfort.
- Our interconnectedness with each other and the natural world.
- The difference between discipline and devotion to self-care.
- Inquiring and listening, and developing a sensory vocabulary to communicate about what’s going on in your body.
- Surrendering control, and cultivating discernment and choice.
Discover the radical possibilities for health and well-being available to you when you combine fluid movement practices of Continuum and mindfulness meditation with the principles of osteopathic treatment.
Recommended reading – Bonnie Gintis, Engaging the Movement of Life: Exploring Health And Embodiment Through Osteopathy And Continuum (North Atlantic Books).
Classes with Bonnie Gintis, DO explore the common ground shared by mindfulness, Continuum’s fluid movement and Moving Inquiry, and Osteopathy. A variety of workshops are offered for people who are interested in exploring the vast possibilities for the full expression of health and embodiment. Classes are valuable as a form of self-treatment, and as a way for people involved in any aspect of healthcare to develop and deepen diagnostic and treatment skills. Some classes are open to people of all levels of function and ability, including those with disabilities, or limited movement and exercise ability. Some courses are tailored to the needs and interests of people with particular health concerns. Others are oriented to Osteopaths, MDs, and other healthcare practitioners. Please read the descriptions to choose a workshop or course suited to you.